Seed Oils: Why They Are Bad For You
The dramatic increase in soybean oil consumption in the US went from zero to 24 pounds (11 kgs) per person per year from 1909 to 1999.
Issues with Seed Oils
- They’re an Evolutionary Mismatch
- They Have an Imbalanced Omega-6-to-Omega-3 Ratio
- Industrial Seed Oils Are Highly Unstable
- They’re Full of Additives
- Industrial Seed Oils Come from Genetically Modified Plants
- They’re Often Repeatedly Heated (And Extra Toxic with trans fats)
- Pro-inflammatory effects, constant daily over consumption equals chronic low grade inflammation
- Autoimmune Disease
- Cognition and Mental Health
- Diabetes and Obesity
- Heart Disease
- IBS and IBD
- Macular Degeneration
Like sugar, corn oil calories may be worse than just empty.
Vegetable Oils High In Omega-6
It’s not that canola oil is great since it goes the same ultra processing, but in the end it’s ratio is closer to 2:1 omega 6 to omega 3.
Food item – Contribution to intake (%)
- Chicken and chicken mixed dishes – 26.9%
- Eggs and egg mixed dishes – 17.8%
Food sources of arachidonic acid
From a balance perspective, the goal for most people should be limit omega 6 over-consumption, NOT eat more omega 3s.
Try to cook with:
- butter (grass fed animals)
- coconut oil
- lard (grass fed animals)
- palm oil
- olive oil
- 2018/10/07 Omega 6 and Omega 3
- 2018/10/07 The Cause of Heart Disease
Authored By Tim Brown
Have the attitude and honest belief that if you give it your all it will be done. One day or day one.